Overlapping cliff (or shaking cliff) has the unique structure with dozens of natural stones stacked on top of each other at the height of hundreds of meters. The cliff protrudes out the edge of the forest, the contact points between the two rocks only wide about 1m2 which creates the unique and challenge for the professional backpackers who want to conquer the mountain. From the cliff, tourists have chance to enjoy the beautiful scenery of Yen Lap Lake surrounded by forest of pines, with islands in the middle of the lake.
Where is the overlapping cliff?
Located in Minh Thanh ward, Quang Yen town, Quang Ninh province, the cliff attracts backpackers who always want to be challenged.
How to get overlapping cliff?
To discover the shaking cliff, you firstly come to Quang Yen town. To the junction km11 on Lam Sinh road, you should ask local people, even kids, who can lead. The rocky mountain is a suitable place for you to explore during the day.
Although the route is easy to find, you will need a real guide to reach the shaking cliff on the rocky mountain as the way is in the woods. For those who go by motorbike, you must be a good drivers. The path in the pine forest has a lot of turns, if members in the team does not follow closely together, it is likely to get lost.
If you can not ride motorbike on the rough road, you have to walk about 8 km of forest road and go across two hills. Road is rugged and difficult to walk and stones are slippery. Because this is un-known path so there is no way to go there, you have to go and explore the road.
What is the experiences?
- If there’s no one who can lead the way, you absolutely shouldn’t discover the cliff by yourself because there are lots of turns, crossroads, small trails and it’s so easy to get lost. Even the experienced backpackers who came there once are not sure if they could remember the way.
- Although there no signposts, recently, a few groups who discovered the road have painted some red marks such as arrows, red dots on trees and rocks so that the others can easily find the way.
- Experienced trekkers warned that the cliff’s structure is quite weak and dangerous. They advised young people not to climb on the rocky cliff at a height of hundreds of meters just to get a picture.
- Should not use motor scooter.
- Should not wear short pants or cloth pants because the forest road has many thorns. Wear gloves and maybe carry knives, protective gear or climbing gear.
- Be sure to prepare food and drink as there will be no restaurants on the way.
- Be aware of wildfire as the pine forest is very flammable.